Each working day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick set of messages, analysis and conversations from the entire ecosystem of managed security services.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Getting Started – Small and Medium Business Security Business: CyberCatch started its activities to focus on Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cybersecurity to protect small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). This may interest you : SmartStream’s Managed Services: Joining the Dots and Responding to Clients’ Demands.
2. New fund – cybersecurity and; Managed IT Services: Worklyn Partners built a $ 35 million fund that focuses on the IT services and cybersecurity markets. Worklyn’s vision is to create a one-stop shop for integrated cybersecurity services and managed IT services, the investor pointed out.
3. Executive Leadership – Cloud Security Services: Neustar Security Services has appointed Colin Doherty to succeed Brian McCann as CEO. Doherty joins Neustar Security Services from Wavecrest Growth Partners, where he served as a growth partner and oversaw strategic development plans for investments in portfolio companies, Neustart said.
4. MSSP partnership – Nordic countries: Resecurity from the US and SecureIT from Iceland have teamed up to expand AI-based cybersecurity services in the Nordic region, both companies said.
5. Channel Chief – Application Security and Compliance: Onapsis has hired Rocco Donnino as senior vice president, Global Strategic Alliances and Channels. In his role, Donnino will be responsible for scaling the reach of the Onapsis platform through global system integrators, value added sellers (VARs), managed service providers (MSPs) and technology alliances.
6. Partnership – Government Threat Modeling: Automated threat modeling firm IriusRisk and Methods has teamed up to “deliver built-in threat modeling to improve the security of public sector services,” the companies said.
7. Partnership – SOC and Splunk: The SOC Prime CCM app for Splunk has been verified for the Splunk Cloud Platform, allowing security teams to “real-time streaming of relevant content from the SOC Prime Threat Detection Marketplace both locally and in the cloud. based on Splunk environments, the companies said.
8. Partnership – Security of applications in the cloud: Apiiro’s Code Risk platform is now available through the Google Cloud Marketplace.
9. Malicious and phishing domains: Kaspersky has launched a removal service that manages the elimination of malicious and phishing domains.
10. Password Management: Specops Software, a provider of password management and user authentication solutions, acquired 420 new customers worldwide in 2021 and achieved 30% year-on-year revenue growth. The actual figures for revenues in dollars and EBITDA were not disclosed.
11. Firewall: Check Point Software has launched new Quantum Lightspeed firewalls. The security company says the dams offer:
The new firewalls, available through Check Point channel partners, use ASIC technology developed by NVIDIA.